Posted September 3, 2021 | 4:37 p.m.
Hillsborough County offices and most facilities will be closed Monday, September 6, Labor Day.
There will be no solid waste collection (including garbage, recyclables and yard waste) in the Hillsborough County unincorporated service area, which also includes Tampa Palms, Hunter’s Green and New Tampa. For customers with a Monday pickup day, normal service will resume on the next scheduled pickup day for these items.
Hillsborough County’s two public COVID-19 coronavirus testing sites will be open on Labor Day. The Palm River Park Community Center, 725 S. 58th St., Tampa, FL, 33619, and the Code Enforcement Complex, 1101 E. 139th Ave., Tampa, FL, 33613, are open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The tests are free, and no appointment is necessary. Bring photo ID, such as a driver’s license, state-issued ID or passport, and a medical insurance card. If you don’t have medical insurance, you can still get tested for free. For more information visit HCFLGOV.net/StaySafe.
FIRMLabor Day, September 6
- County government administrative offices
- Hillsborough County Customer Service Center at (813) 272-5900
- Southeast County Landfill, Northwest and South County Transfer Stations, Resource Recovery Facility, Community Collection Centers, and Garden Waste Treatment Facilities
- All Hillsborough County Public Libraries Co-operative Libraries
- Hillsborough County Parks & Recreation will be closed, including programs offered at the facilities.
- Michael S. Merrill Pet Resource Center
- A limited number of animal safety and law enforcement officers will be on call for emergencies only. Submit a request via the Pet Request button toHCFLGov.net/AtYourService.
- The Development Services Center
- Sunshine Line transportation service
- Utility Service customer service centers in Northdale and Brandon. Emergency calls regarding the county water and wastewater service can be made at (813) 744-5600.
- The Emergency Rental Assistance Program call center will be closed on Friday September 3 and Monday September 6.
OPENLabor Day, September 6
- All parks, including dog parks, skateparks, conservation parks, nature reserves, trails, wading pools and boat ramps